Gardening Basics Workshop Series 1 – Soil, Water, Food
February 21 at 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm$25.00 – $80.00
Gardening Basics Workshop Series
A WORK AND LEARN SERIES
Get your hands dirty working in the greenhouse while you learn!
Opportunity for gardeners to be gentler on the earth while harvesting more nutritious food…
Part 1. Soil, Water, Food
- Learn basic permaculture principles
- Create Living soil rich in microorganisms which support plant health
- Understand the best ways to top dress, make worm castings and composting 101.
- Understand our valley soil, necessary mineral amendments and zone areas. There are many microclimates in the valley. Is your garden one of them?
- Watering – our most precious commodity in the world today – how to reduce consumption, reuse existing water, slow evaporation, and remove harmful chemicals from the water.
- Learn how to use a garden journal.
- Basic care of garden tools
- Share experiences and ask questions with a community of gardeners and an experienced coach.
Date: February 21, 2023
Time: 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Location: Groundswell Community Greenhouse
Cost: Members (Regular and Premium) – $25.00 Non Members $30.00
What to bring: garden gloves, trowel, a soil sample from your garden or yard (if you don’t yet have a garden), your water bottle.
***NOTE: if you book all 4 programs in this series the total cost for members is $80.00, a savings of $20.