- This event has passed.
Gardening Basics Workshop Series 1 – Soil, Water, Food – rescheduled feb 28
February 28 at 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm$25.00 – $80.00
Rescheduled feb 28.
Gardening Basics Workshop Series
A WORK AND LEARN SERIES
Get your hands dirty working in the greenhouse while you learn!
Opportunity for gardeners to be gentler on the earth while harvesting more nutritious food…
Part 1. Soil, Water, Food
- Learn basic permaculture principles
- Create Living soil rich in microorganisms which support plant health
- Understand the best ways to top dress, make worm castings and composting 101.
- Understand our valley soil, necessary mineral amendments and zone areas. There are many microclimates in the valley. Is your garden one of them?
- Watering – our most precious commodity in the world today – how to reduce consumption, reuse existing water, slow evaporation, and remove harmful chemicals from the water.
- Learn how to use a garden journal.
- Basic care of garden tools
- Share experiences and ask questions with a community of gardeners and an experienced coach.
February 21, 2023 Rescheduled feb 28
Time: 6:00 to 8:00 PM
Location: Groundswell Community Greenhouse
Cost: Members (Regular and Premium) – $25.00 Non Members $30.00
What to bring: garden gloves, trowel, a soil sample from your garden or yard (if you don’t yet have a garden), your water bottle.
***NOTE: if you book all 4 programs in this series the total cost for members is $80.00, a savings of $20.
Hi there. I bought a membership yesterday & when I went to sign up for the workshop on Feb. 21st, it said I’m still a non-member. Did I do something wrong? Not a big deal…it’s only a $5 savings but thought I’d ask for next time.
Hi CoopsNest, you are supposed to be able to buy all tickets at this time. We rely on honour system initially. If you had problems to log in, I have reinitialized your password and emailed you the info. If you had problems buying the ticket, please describe the issue you faced.
webmaster for Groundswell.