The Outdoor Learning Store
Our Friends at CBEEN are offering Groundswell Members access to discounts on gardening, nature & sustainability resources & tools!
Invermere is home to The Outdoor Learning Store – a social enterprise of the Columbia Basin Environmental Education Network (CBEEN), and a go-to hub for outdoor, environmental and Indigenous learning equipment & resources.
They now offer a variety of resources and equipment for gardening & sustainability that are likely to be of interest to many Groundswell members. As a result, we’ve secured a discount code that you can use, and 100% of the proceeds from the outdoor learning store go back to supporting non-profit environmental initiatives!
All orders are placed online, and can either be shipped or picked up locally in Invermere at Palliser Printing. Enter GS123%$ at check-out, and receive a 5% discount. And 100% of proceeds go back to supporting outdoor and environmental learning non-profit initiatives!
Here are a few of the tools and resources they now offer that are likely of interest:
- Ktunaxa Ethnobotany Handbooks
- Pacific Northwest (Indigenous) Plant Cards
- Syilx Plants & Animals Guide
- Traditional Métis Plant Use
- Set of 8 Beautiful Children’s Books on Soil & Compost
- Nature Explorer Pack
- Kids Compost Kit
- Food Cyclers for Schools (and homes & offices!)
- Gardening Set for Kids (3 tools)
- BC & Rocky Mountain Nature Guides
- Animal Tracks & Traces Field Nature Guide
- Groundswell: Indigenous Knowledge and a Call to Action for Climate Change