Windermere boasts so many beautiful gardens but none more special and more filled with surprises than the 4 gardens on this tour.
• Delight of Dahlias
• Jack in the Bean Stock reality story -if you are lucky you might get a little taste
• Ferns in the sun… are you kidding… 2 completely different environmental zones in one yard.
• Deer deterrents
• Straw Home– environmentally friendly before its time
• Bear’s nest in the garden treetop– yikes!
• She Shed that every woman dreams of
• Planting and maintaining a rock wall garden that is close to vertical – you have to be a mountain goat
• Canoeing in the garden
• Outdoor kitchen and lounge that will make you reluctant to leave.
• And best of all – art in the garden
Date: August 13
Time: 10 to 2:30 *** (arrive in the parking lot to register at 9:30 please. We will depart sharp at 9:45 and you will miss out.)
Location: Meet at the far end of the Columbia Valley Chamber of Commerce parking lot on highway 95 (Crossroads) to sign in and car pool.
Cost: (includes lunch) $20 members; $25 non-members
We’ll enjoy a brief delicious and refreshing break with an alfresco picnic in the park around noon – the perfect opportunity to talk to our hosts informally and share your own gardening experiences.
Things to bring: comfortable footwear – you will be doing quite a bit of standing and some walking which will mostly be done on very level ground.
You will want your camera, water bottle, hat, sunscreen, bug repellent, and your Garden Journal to write in (if you don’t have one you can purchase one from Groundswell for $10).
You may also want to bring some cash for flowers, art, cards, etc. that will be for sale along the way. *Profits from sales are donated to Groundswell.
Important note: We are changing the meeting point as the fire crews are camping in the Chamber parking lot. We don’t want to disrupt them from their critically important work.
I have permission for us to park in the Tim Horton’s lot on the back line furthest from the building. Please check in by 9:30 latest. We will do our paperwork and then carpool from there.
You will be able to treat yourself to an extra Sunday AM coffee to go. Look for me and my white Escape. If you are lost phone me at 403-860-8021.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY FOOD ALLERGIES – email@example.com