- This event has passed.
Garden of Lights – Dec 22
2023-12-22 at 5:30 pm to 9:00 pmFree – $37.00
Join the community at the first annual Garden of Lights and do your part to create food sustainability in the valley.
Enhance your holiday season with 10,000 twinkling lights that will extend from the David Thompson parking lot down and throughout the greenhouse and gardens.
Over 40 sponsors will be decorating trees for your enjoyment and you will vote on your favorite – be it fabulous, funniest, or most festive. Local musicians will share their talents to put a holiday song in your heart – see program
You’re ticket brings you into the light and music show and then you’ll be able to purchase a variety of treats from Taynton Bay’s Hot Toddies, to Smokehouse 93’s melt in your mouth pulled pork sliders, to a Buena Meida spicy wrap, or a little sweet touch from Sweet Mountain Ice’s decadent coffees and crunchy caramel corn. And best of all JA Lairds students hot chocolate (they are raising money for their ‘we’re all in’ garden program).
Visit with neighbours, warm your heart and your fanny at the fire, while snacking on the delicious offerings.
- Pets: Leave all your furry friends warm at home. We don’t want them stepped on and leashes are a trip hazard.
- Waiver – your ticket purchase constitutes your acceptance that the ground is uneven and potentially slippery in spots. Please wear appropriate footwear for winter conditions. Participate at your own risk.
- Dress warmly – knees, toes, fingers, and nose.
- Costumes welcome – wear your ugliest holiday sweater overtop your parka/ wear your hair and makeup Whoville style/pull out your top hat and cane. Plan your own family holiday theme and add to the fun.
- 100% of Ticket sales and donations will help Groundswell Community Greenhouse and Gardens expanding gardening programs in our schools and in community.
- Parking available at David Thompson High School Parking lot, The College of the Rockies parking lot and overflow at Mt Nelson Athletic Park.
- The Garden of Lights entrance is at the David Thompson High School pathway to Groundswell to the South of the Main door into the high school.
NO TICKET SALES AT THE DOOR
- Groundswell greenhouse
1535 14th Street
Invermere, British-Columbia Canada + Google Map